We would like to invite IT companies from two cities that lead the adoption of AI solutions in their regions: Berlin, Germany and Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
Learn more about both ecosystems with us!
- Pittsburgh, PA, the birthplace of Artificial Intelligence. Founded at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, today the robust AI ecosystem includes public and private partners that support and drive innovation from almost all industry verticals. Pittsburgh is also home to the world’s first self-driving cars, and the growing focus on autonomous vehicles has six companies and counting deploying tech in real world environments.
- Berlin – The breeding ground for AI innovation. The mature and diverse AI ecosystem in Berlin is built on outstanding AI research and driven by innovative start-ups. 40% of Germany’s AI start-ups are based in Berlin attracting AI talent from all over the world. 80% of AI companies have a B2B focus and industry-wise 36% operate in Business Intelligence/Process Management, 10% in healthcare, 9% in mobility & city intelligence. More at www.ki-berlin.de.
16.30 - 16:40 Welcoming Remarks
- Orientation by Project Manager International Business, SIBB e.V.
- Welcome words by xx from U.S. Department of Commerce
16:40 – 17:05 AI Overview in Berlin and Pittsburgh
- “AI Landscape in Pittsburgh”, Michael Harding, Senior Director, Business Investment, Pittsburgh Regional Alliance
- “International AI Hub Berlin”, Phillipp Günther, AI Innovation Manager, Berlin Partner for Business and Technology
- Q&A Session
17:05 – 17:40 Expert Panel "Putting AI to Work"
- Moderator : Christopher Martin, Director of Research + Development, Bosch, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
- Dr. Tina Klüwer, Director of KIEZ AI by science and startups, Berlin
- Rich Lunak, President and CEO of Innovation Works, Pittsburgh, PA
17:40 – 18:00 Meet & Pitch AI Startups
- Anna Franziska Michel, Co-founder & CEO, Yoona.ai, Berlin, Germany
- Akinwande Lalude, Co-founder & CEO, Sermonis.AI, Berlin, Germany
- AI Startups from Berlin and USA
18:00 – 18:15 Networking Session in Zoom breakout rooms with Berlin and Pittsburgh representatives and companies
18:15 – 18.20 Closing remarks